branchnext Introduces Personal Web Scouts to Track Anything on the Internet
Private beta of new user-defined, contextual and social tracking service begins today
SAN FRANCISCO – September 3, 2008 – branchnext, developer of the next paradigm for how users will acquire relevant information on the Internet, begins a private beta today of its premiere consumer service: Yotify.com. Yotify is a free, personal web scout service that enables users to track anything on the Internet, enlists their friends to help, and reports back only what they want to know.
Yotify completely redefines the 1990s concept of a web alert by enabling tracking of information on the web in a way that is user-defined, object-specific, contextual and social. Users are in control, and in less than a minute, they can send out personal web scouts to track just about anything on the Internet – that apartment they’ve been looking to rent, shoes they want to get on sale, concert tickets they’ve been keeping an eye out for, and much more.
To send out a scout, users simply browse content of their favorite websites or blogs at Yotify.com and then define the parameter changes they wish to track, such as: price drops, new reviews, new friend postings, keyword occurrence, product availability, newly posted comments, etc. Yotify web scouts report back just what users want to know by email either hourly or daily.
Yotify is also social. Users can easily:
• Share their web scouts with friends for joint item tracking
• Query friends in their social networks to enlist help in finding what their scout is tracking
• Publish their scouts to a personal profile so that friends can instantly know what is being tracked
“Web alerts came along in the 1990s and have remained static since then. We took a fresh look at the entire concept of tracking on the web with the goal of making the web more relevant for people who are often overwhelmed with too much irrelevant information,” said Ron Bouganim, Co-Founder and CEO, branchnext. “Yotify web scouts are working for you while you live your life.”
branchnext, the developer of Yotify, was founded by three experienced entrepreneurs:
• Ron Bouganim, Co-Founder and CEO, has co-founded or been a member of the senior management team at a number of telecom and consumer Internet startups, including Trymedia (sold to Macrovision), Razz, and CCI (sold to British Telecom). With more than 15 years of experience in a variety of corporate functions, including finance, operations and merger & acquisitions, Ron has raised over $300M of combined venture funding and has led, or advised on, seven corporate acquisitions.
• Doug Durham, Co-Founder and Chief Architect, was formerly the CTO and co-founder of eSellerate (acquired by Digital River). Prior to eSellerate, he was CTO of MindVision whose product Installer VISE was the leading Macintosh and Windows-based software delivery and installation tool. Doug has more than 20 years of experience in software development, systems engineering and architecture. He retired with the rank of Major, Civil Engineering in the Air National Guard after twenty years of service and a recent tour of duty in Afghanistan.
• Steve West, Co-Founder and Chief Designer, was formerly CEO and co-founder of eSellerate, an industry-leading outsourced e-commerce provider (acquired by Digital River). Prior to eSellerate, he was CEO at MindVision whose product Installer VISE was the leading Macintosh and Windows-based software delivery and installation tool. Steve has more than 20 years of experience in software development, specializing in user experience/user interface design and development.
The company has secured venture funding from experienced investors Naval Ravikant, General Partner, The HitForge, LP and co-founder of Epinions (Shopping.com); Novel TMT Ventures Limited; Richard Chen, Former Founder and CEO of OptoMail and Former Senior Business Product Manager of Google; and Auren Hoffman, CEO, Rapleaf;. Among its distinguished advisors are Kevin Hartz, Co-founder, Xoom, Eventbrite and ConnectGroup; David Shen, President and founder of David Shen Ventures, LLC; and Peter Read, who has worked with various corporate investors and top tier VC funds including Accel, Benchmark, TAG and Walden and advised/invested in companies including 4Info, Nielsen, Skype, Slingshot and TipMobile.
branchnext (www.branchnext.com) is developing the next paradigm for how users will acquire relevant information on the Internet. branchnext has developed a consumer-facing website at www.yotify.com that offers consumers a user-defined, contextual and social way to track object-specific information on the Internet. For web publishers, branchnext has developed a portfolio of while labeled widgets that enable increased post-visit engagement which is hyper-relevant to the user. Designed for the mass market, branchnext’s publisher solution offers a simple-to-understand, empowering alternative to the current “Subscribe via RSS” content subscription model.